||Buying the car|
Buying the car
Because I knew Adam, I bought the car for a really cheap price (£500) in April, 1997. Adam had apparently spent over 14 times that amount putting it together, but it was in a sorry state. However, it took me a year to decide to buy it.
The main problems with it were:
- The floor-pan has a large number of rust holes in it;
- The electrics were very flaky;
- The engine had not been used for a while;
- The petrol tank was causing the bonnet not to close properly (you can just about see it on the earlier photograph;
- The colours chosen were very '80s (black with fluorescent pink!);
- The interior had deteriorated quite badly;
- Three of the tyres were bald;
- The front quarterlights were broken;
- Squirrels had decided that they would stash their nuts in the engine compartment;
- The wheels had rusted;
- The gel-coat had lost its shine, and there was a surprisingly large amount of body filler on the body (Adam told me that this was to reduce leaking.
Here are some images of the car when I rescued it from under the tree (click to enlarge):